Ok so it's not really a home DIY but it's a DIY nonetheless, more of the decorative persuasion. I have become insanely addicted to Modge Podge! (For those of you who aren't up on the crafters lingo, it's basically glue but so much better and you can do SO much with it!!) We've had a little wooden tray on the ottoman for a couple of years, just to have a flat surface for whatever reason (although it's become more of a catchall than anything). Unfortunately it was an imitation bamboo look and I never was really digging it but what can you do? Well apparently for under 10 bucks at Hobby Lobby and an afternoon you can make it over! I am so happy to finally have it suit the the living room, a little bit anyway. Take a peek:
BEFORE:
Some brown spray paint, fabric, and Modge Podge later.....
AFTER:
It still needs trimming and probably won't add value to our house when it's time to sell, but dang it, it makes me happy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment